The 4th International Conference on Vocational Education and Electrical Engineering (ICVEE 2021) was an interdisciplinary platform for researchers, practitioners, and academicians to present and discuss the latest research findings, concerns Education, Science, and Technology. The conference was organized by Universitas Negeri Surabaya.
The theme for the conference was “Strengthening Engagement with Communities through Artificial Intelligence Application in Education, Electrical Engineering and Information Technology”. Following the theme, this conference aims to bridge the scientists, education experts and practitioners, and students in the scientific forum through sharing ideas and issues about theoretical and practical knowledge in electrical engineering, informatics engineering, engineering education and vocational education.
ICVEE 2021 was held virtually on October 2-3, 2021 due to Covid-19 pandemic. The chair person this year, Arif Widodo, S.T., M.Sc., expected that the conference could provide unlimited opportunities to interact with prominent key persons in the field and greatly expand on the global network of scholars and professionals. ICVEE 2021 was attended by presenters from overseas, such as the UK, Portugal, Japan, Taiwan, India, Saudi Arabia, and Indonesia. From 75 papers submitted, 35 were published with IEEE (IEEE proceeding: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/conhome/9649655/proceeding DOI: 10.1109/ICVEE54186.2021.9649678).
The opening speech session was delivered by:
- Prof. Dr. Nurhasan as Rector of Universitas Negeri Surabaya
- Dr. Wiseto Agung as Chair of IEEE Communications Society Indonesia
- Arif Widodo, S.T., M.Sc. as General Chair ICVEE 2021
PLENARY SESSION I
- Keynote speaker 1: Prof. Nobuo Funabiki Dept. of Electrical and Communication Engineering Okayama University, Japan
- Keynote speaker 2: Muhammad Ghifary, PhD Vice President of Digital Banking Division at PT Bank Rakyat Indonesia (Persero) Tbk
- Keynote speaker 3: Prof. Subir Kumar Sarkar Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India
PARALLEL SESSION I
- (5 breakout rooms) Room 1 – 5
PLENARY SESSION II
- Keynote speaker 4: Dr. Taufiq Asyhari School of Computing and Digital technology and the Head of the Future Information Networks (FINET) Research Cluster at Birmingham City University (BCU)
- Keynote speaker 5: Prof. Manuel Gradim de Oliveira Gericota Dept. of Electrical Engineering School of Engineering – Polytechnic of Porto, PORTUGAL
PARALLEL SESSION II
Room 1. We are being very grateful to all the organizing committee and scientific committee members for their outstanding work to support this conference. Through this conference, we wish to increase our knowledge and work together to advance technology for the humanities.